Listen to this:
Tweak List26 September 2016
I'm aware that loads of stuff either doesn't work, or needs tweaking, e.g.:
- Cars don't reverse (and forward motion needs a lot of work).
- The turning circles suck, especially on the slower/heavier vehicles.
- There's no collision detection on buildings.
- Civilians only rotate clockwise and they don't navigate around objects well.
- Doors only appear on south walls of buildings.
- Buildings have no windows.
- Buildings are all rectangular - other shapes would be good.
- The player gets in the car by walking on top of it! He needs to walk around to the driver's side and get in there.
- When you move the camera (arrow keys), you don't see all building walls (they are based on the player's location, not the camera's location).
Next on the list is an in-game 24 hour clock (1 minute per game hour like in GTA). The world will get darker at night, but streetlights will keep the city bright. I also want to add neon effects to some of the buildings (there's nothing neon about Neon City yet), using the same method as the title of this page - yes, that's not a font, it's CSS, with text shadow.
- Things to do/interact with:
- Collect cars with a tow truck
- Emergency services
- Collision between vehicles
- A big mall
- Better roads - two lanes, pavement
- A park
- Much bigger city in general
- Buildings with multiple floors
- AI traffic / traffic lights
- Graphics/textures for buildings
- Variety of civilians
- Game Features:
- Save game
- Pause game